Jamnagar District Institute of Education and Training was
founded on 15th of October, 1994. Before this, it was known
as Purush Adhyapan Mandir, Which was founded on 15th of
June, 1960. As such this Institute is as old as more than 40
In the beginning the Institute was at Dhrol
Taluka of Jamnagar District. Later, it was upgraded and
shifted to DKV College Campus of Jamnagar city. During 1994,
all the P.T.C. College was upgraded as District Institute of
Education and Training and so this Adhyapan Mandir too was
recognized as one such institute. The Purush Adhyapan Mandir
was dealing with pre-primary teaching. But when it turned
into this institute, it deals with primary education.
The present building has been established under
the National Scheme at Dared, in 1998. Dared is situated on
Lalpur Highway, 9km away from Jamnagar.
It was inaugurated by Shreemati Anandiben Patel
honorable education minister of Gujarat state on 1st of
With a view to improving the quality of teaching,
a National Policy of a teacher’s training has been
The present campus at Dared has been shifted from Dhrol via
Jamnagar. It has cost Rs. 1,1000,300/- aided by the central
It has an Academic building of fifteen rooms with
the principal’s office, Staff rooms, Teacher’s rooms,
Computer rooms, Laboratory, Workshop, Prayer hall, T.L.M.
rooms, Urinal etc… In addition to this it has its own
hostels hebetated by 100 students, and the quarters for
principal, rector and a watchman too.